Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Losing VC functionality

mrearly2801
    April 22, 2015 at 7:05 pm #11080

I’m not sure if it was a plugin update or what cause it, but I’m building anew site, and do not have the row layout function anymore in visual composer. I re-installed WordPress from scratch. The problem is when I add a “team member” template or any that has elements side by side, they display in one vertical column

Adek
    April 23, 2015 at 4:30 am #11083

Hi mrearly2801,

May i know what the current version of theme and Visual Composer that you use on your site? Also on your landing page what kind of page template that you use?

Thank you you

mrearly2801
    April 23, 2015 at 9:55 am #11119

Theme is 2.2.7 and VC plugin is 4.4.4

mrearly2801
    April 23, 2015 at 5:39 pm #11132

I used Landing Page Visual Composer, but its that way throughout the site.

creativePhotographer2009
    April 24, 2015 at 12:31 pm #11151

I’m also having this same problem

creativePhotographer2009
    April 25, 2015 at 4:21 am #11159

I just noticed that my visual composer plugin is asking for me to license it but the instructions say that its supposed to be included with this theme. When I first installed I know all of the plugins were working correctly so I’m not sure what happened with this one. From the start though my columns with VC were never functioning

Adek
    April 25, 2015 at 7:09 pm #11171

Hi All,

Please make sure if you’re using Visual Composer plugin that come with our theme. We will not recommend to use Visual Composer plugin that not bundled with JKreativ for compatible reason (outside).

Thank you

almunro
    April 26, 2015 at 5:53 pm #11200

Dek, your post above doesn’t make any sense? doesn’t the theme itself come bundled with JKreative? Please can you explain how I get the right Visual Composer plugin so that I dont have to pay again. Many thanks.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  almunro.
    almunro
    April 26, 2015 at 5:53 pm #11201

PS Dek, if you saw my earlier comments I now have all the dummy data installed and working!

glibero
    April 27, 2015 at 7:34 pm #11221

I’m having the same issue with VC. I downloaded the Jkreativ update (version 2.8) and am testing it on a new site I’m building. I installed all the proper plugins, but when creating pages I keep getting this message:
    We detect that you havent install/activate visual composer yet, please activate your visual composer to use this feature

The plugin is visible and activated, but I can’t get past this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the theme once already.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    Gary

Adek
    April 27, 2015 at 7:47 pm #11225

Hi guys,

I’m sorry about that. Previously i mean is, please don’t use Visual Composer Plugin that not come with our theme (outside) that maybe will break your site behaviour.

@Gary,

May i know what the current version of your themes and VC plugin that you use on your site?

Thank you

glibero
    April 28, 2015 at 12:42 am #11235

Hey!

I’m using WP 4.2 and Jkreativ 2.2.8 (the latest update I believe). I loaded the VC plugin that came with the site (didn’t update it), but the version says 4.4.3a.

Thanks!
    G

creativePhotographer2009
    April 28, 2015 at 2:46 am #11239

I thought I’d try updating my WordPress and theme to see if that helped at all but it wouldn’t let me update WordPress. I kept getting an error I haven’t seen before. Since I hadn’t done a lot of work on the theme yet and was having problems with its functionality I deleted it and then WordPress updated fine. I then tried to re-install the theme with the newest update that I got this month but it won’t install. It keeps giving me an error.

About the VC plugin, I only had the one that came with the theme and it wasn’t working with the columns.

almunro
    April 28, 2015 at 7:38 am #11242

I have pasted the reply and my original query to Visual Composer below, Dek I would really appreciate it iof you could action this for me, please advise.

Many thanks.

REPLY From Visual Composer:

Hi Alistair,

The issue is because there is an inbuilt version of Visual Composer (or the related code) present in your theme which is overriding the standalone plugin version and hence causing the issue. You will have to get rid of it. I would advise you to do so with the help of theme author, otherwise you might loose the extra elements added by him. Once this is done, you can install the standalone plugin and it will work fine. Kindly check.

Thank you,

Ticket: http://wpbakery.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/13049

On Mon, 27 Apr at 6:23 PM , Alistair Munro wrote:
    Hi, I have purchased a theme by JKreativ and also bought an activation for Visual Composer. However I am unable to insert columns in a row, a feature that I am used to using in other Visual Composer packages that I have bought.

Please advise.

Many thanks,
    Alistair

Adek
    April 29, 2015 at 6:57 pm #11266

Hi guys,

Can you help me to provide me login credentials into your wp admin panel, so i can take a look in there what actually happen. You can send it here and check the Set as private reply option below.

Anyway for adding columns in a row you can try to take a look at our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/create-columns/ with Jkreativ we have a little different way when adding columns.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.