Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

jnormalblog is not a function …. please help

vdubguy2k
    January 21, 2016 at 9:44 pm #17894

Hello,
    Love the theme, but am having a problem that I just can’t seem to get solved. I have WP-Client plugin installed as well and I’m unable to use certain parts of the plugin as it gives me errors. I contacted wp-client dev team and they said it was because something in my theme (jkreativ). On the page this javascript error is present:

Uncaught TypeError: $(…).jnormalblog is not a function index:(816)

They said I would have to contact my theme developer to have resolved. I am hoping someone can help me with this so I can get site working correctly.

Thank you!

Adek
    January 22, 2016 at 2:36 am #17910

Hi vdubguy2k,

Thanks for your detail info of the problem that encountered in there. But actually this is not our themes issue or WP Client plugin issue. But in this case our themes not compatible with those plugin and it will need to make some changes so they can works fine.

But unfortunately we don’t provide support for third party plugin, you can visit our Support Policy right here http://support.jegtheme.com/support-policy/

Let us know if you have further question, we will help you as long as we can.

Thank you

vdubguy2k
    January 22, 2016 at 3:31 am #17911

Thank you for your reply, but that really doesn’t help me much. Before I posted this I actually did research and find that I am not the only one who has had this issue. Please refer to this link:

http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/conflict-with-plugin-event-calendar-pro/

He pretty much had the same issue I have. I tried the js code you posted on the link above on my site but it did not work. The fact that the error is telling me “jnormalblog” is obvious it has something to do with my jkreativ theme. I worked with multiple people on the wp-client side who told me the same thing. If I switch my theme to a default wordpress theme I have no issues at all with that plugin, so it is obvious there is something on the theme end causing this. I see the person who posted the link above had to leave a negative review for you guys to help him get it fixed…I really hope that isn’t what it takes for me to find the same solution. Over 50 hours have been put into the site I am building and this has been the only error I haven’t been able to resolve.

I trust that you guys will help with the necessary adjustments to fix this error, and look forward to your response.

Adek
    January 23, 2016 at 10:27 am #17927

Hi vdubguy2k,

Yeah sure, we help him and all of our customer as well.

As you know, in this case i hope you understand if this is not our support area, based on our Support Policy. But as i said on above previously, we will help you as long as we can.

It would be better if you can help me to provide your site url or the page url where the problem occurs so we can check it directly and we can help you as soon. We can’t do anything if you just leave error message here πŸ™‚

Thank you

vdubguy2k
    January 23, 2016 at 11:21 pm #17936
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    January 25, 2016 at 2:31 am #17948

Hi vdubguy2k,

Please try to go edit this file jkreativ-themes/lib/scriptstyle.php and replace the content with this code http://pastebin.com/mzk4xdLE

You can make a backup file before that for some reason.

Thank you

vdubguy2k
    January 25, 2016 at 3:47 am #17951

Dek,
    Thank you for your reply, that fixed it. I apologize for not posting the link to the error page in my first communication with you. Your help on this is greatly appreciated!

Adek
    January 25, 2016 at 7:24 am #17954

Hi vdubguy2k,

Glad to hear it’s works fine on your side.

Anyway, if we get 5 star rating for this? πŸ™‚ *just kidding

Hope you can enjoy work with Jkreativ.

Kind Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.