Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Jerky Scrolling

vdonahue
    February 25, 2016 at 5:54 am #18765

Hello! I’m having some issues with jerky scrolling on some pages, even with the smooth scrolling enabled. It’s not all pages, and it’s not all the time, and it’s not on all browsers (the worst kind of situation). Please advise if there’s anything that might be causing this. Thanks!

Adek
    February 26, 2016 at 2:55 am #18776

Hi vdonahue,

Can you tell me which page that you get this kind of problem and what kind of browser that you use in there, so i can replicate it on my side.

Thank you

vdonahue
    February 26, 2016 at 3:00 am #18778
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    February 26, 2016 at 3:11 am #18780

Hi vdonahue,

I’ve been check your site and it’s just work fine on Chrome and Firefox.

In this case we are using this RAF very extensively so we can get super smooth animation on chrome and firefox that implement RAF on their browser better than IE dan Safari.

We will continue to look after IE and Safari development, and hopefully they will fix this issues.

Thank you

vdonahue
    February 26, 2016 at 3:14 am #18781

So are you saying that this isn’t fixable? Were you able to replicate the issue on Internet Explorer? There is no way to address this issue and have this scroll smoothly?

vdonahue
    February 28, 2016 at 8:01 am #18812

Asking again – is there no way to address the issue for IE? If there is no fix or remedy for the situation, I’m back to square one. Really any ideas would be appreciated.

Adek
    February 29, 2016 at 1:26 am #18819

Hi vdonahue,

Sorry for late reply your message previously.

Thanks for your info and attention with our theme regarding this issue. Currently we still investigate this issue hopefully can fix as soon.

Thank you

vdonahue
    February 29, 2016 at 2:29 am #18822

Ok thanks. The issue here is that this was a last minute surprise of incompatibility with a really popular browser (as much as I’d like the world to use Chrome exclusively, that just isn’t the case). I’ve now spent hours in development for this client, and if this issue can’t be resolved, then I’ll need to switch themes, start from scratch, and lose much time and money in all of this. So any fix, even temporary to eliminate this jerky scrolling issue (which doesn’t even happen 100% of the time)… any fix would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.