Jcreative Theme & WP 4.9.4 Conflict
Post count: 8shomoskFebruary 20, 2018 at 6:44 am #28831
A few homepage elements aren’t appearing on front end after WordPress update to 4.9.4
Site http://www.karunadetox.com elements are ‘ Detox Features’ & ‘Featured in’ & Dates (txt) beside google map.
Siteground hosting insist on having the latest version of wordpress for security reasons, and currently my site breaks with that update (as described above).
Seems the visual composer in the theme isn’t up to date. Could this be the issue?
Please advise.Post count: 7883AdekFebruary 21, 2018 at 2:25 pm #28870
Sorry for late reply.
I’ve been checking your website previously and it seems the element that you refer to just works fine on my side. Here’s the captured image URL that you can check https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p50zr20ftv501u/Screenshot%202018-02-21%2014.24.01.png?dl=0, https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p4fpv3bf1n07r7/Screenshot%202018-02-21%2014.24.15.png?dl=0
Let me know if there’s something that i miss on this thing.
Thank youPost count: 8shomoskFebruary 28, 2018 at 1:53 am #29053Post count: 8shomoskFebruary 28, 2018 at 1:57 am #29054Post count: 8shomoskMarch 1, 2018 at 7:37 pm #29149
I want to add, in reply to Adek above:
I thought this was obvious- however maybe it isn’t….
This is my business website, I cannot have a broken site – Hence, I have corrected the error by reverting to an older version of WordPress. This is why your images of the site show the elements I described as missing, as not missing.
The issue remains unfixed. My site hosts have warned me that WP upgrade keep the site safe, hence we need to find a solution to the incompatibility issue (described in first message)
Thanks and look forward to this finding resolution!Post count: 7883AdekMarch 2, 2018 at 9:26 am #29170
Sorry for late reply.
I also have JKreativ installed on my local server with the latest WordPress version and it just works fine. In this case, i will need to login to your website to replicate the issue. You can use this email: [email protected].
Thank youPost count: 8shomoskMarch 5, 2018 at 10:31 pm #29274Post count: 7883AdekMarch 7, 2018 at 10:38 am #29335
I’ve checked your website before. Regarding this thing, it seems you need to create a staging website for development purpose. So you can have a separate site for development and production purpose. As you said on above, it’s a bit risky when we need to debug on the live website. It would be better if you can create a staging website for debugging this issue, because on my local server just works fine with the latest version of JKreativ and WP.
Let me know if you have further question.
Thank youPost count: 8shomoskMarch 13, 2018 at 5:17 am #29503Post count: 7883AdekMarch 19, 2018 at 11:31 am #29695
It seems your website still works fine on my side. Please check this images below:
I’m using Chrome browser when checking. Let me know if there’s something that i miss on this thing.
Thank youPost count: 8shomoskMarch 19, 2018 at 7:57 pm #29710
I made the test site as a clone, as you requested.
I think to reveal the error the test site needs to first be updated to the new WP platform.
This IS the problem. We are needing to currently stay with an older version.
Good idea to read my comments from the start to follow what has already been discussed and understand the issue.
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.