Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Is it possible to turn off mobile navigation?

juandoscuartos
    January 5, 2015 at 8:02 pm #8056

And having smart devices (iPad, Galaxies and the like) only loading the responsive desktop version as it is, with the whole set of menus and everything…
    I mean, exactly the same I see in my desktop, the same in my iPhone or whatever any other device…

Is that even possible?

Thanks!

Adek
    January 7, 2015 at 7:57 am #8135

Hi juandoscuartos,

It weird for me. So in this case, did you mean is to turn off mobile navigation or you want to remove the responsive feature?

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    January 7, 2015 at 9:29 am #8151

No, I may misexplained myself, sorry.

I would like –if possible– not to have the mobile version shown in tablets and smartphones.
    As if the theme would have come with no “native mobile version”.
    The theme would remain as responsive on mobile devices as it is on desktop.

Just imagine you are browsing a JKreative-built site and still have the custom look&feel as in the current desktop view.

juandoscuartos
    January 7, 2015 at 9:30 am #8152

Oh, as an alternative, is there a way to turn off mobile navigation? Just thinking…

Thanks!

Adek
    January 9, 2015 at 5:07 am #8217

Hi juandoscuartos,

If so, which navigation that you want to use on mobile device? Because i think, there is not quite space to put the list menu item like on desktop view.

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    January 9, 2015 at 10:09 am #8240

I was thinking in this:

JKreativ alternate desktop-like Mobile

As you can see is an exact replica from the desktop bu on the mobile devices.
    It obviously should respect all responsive features…

Adek
    January 13, 2015 at 5:58 am #8290

Hi juandoscuartos,

Actually, it depending on how many you have menu items on top navigation. You can take a look on image below :

Your menu item (on left side) will override your logo because you have quite long menu items on this thing.

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    January 14, 2015 at 12:43 am #8333

But I’m talking about not even having the left-menu-item. The menus will show up as in the desktop version.
    This way there is nothing to override on the current logo.

Just imagine the full desktop experience, but on a mobile device. Is that even possible by means of “deactivating” the mobile version?

I guess it would look awful in smart devices (iPhone4 and similar) but would look nicer on bigger devices such as th iPad or others.

Maybe preserving the mobile version for small devices such as phones and allowing a full-desktop-experience only for tablets and bigger devices such as the iPad and so on…

Adek
    January 15, 2015 at 10:26 am #8355

Hi juandoscuartos,

Please take a look on this page http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/turn-off-mobile-menu/ to deactive responsive feature.

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    January 15, 2015 at 11:58 am #8359

So, it basically can not be done unless going through hard-coding…
    Ok, I understand.
    thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.