Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Installation Issues

OnlineD
    March 19, 2016 at 10:12 am #19155

I am having problems installing the theme. I have upload as per instructions and activated the theme. I am then prompted to install the plugins which I do. I have no other plugins installed. However, when I activated the plugins on compleltion I just get a blank screen and am unable to get back to the admin dashboard.

I have to delete the plugins via FTP in order to recover access to the backend.

What can I do?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  OnlineD. Reason: Activated notifictions of updates
    OnlineD
    March 19, 2016 at 10:37 am #19157

The problem appears to be the ‘jplugin’ plugin. I installed each plugin one by one and activated each in turn. All is well until I activate the ‘jplugin’ plugin. What does this plugin do? Is there an update available that will resolve the issue?

Jegbagus
    March 21, 2016 at 2:03 am #19165

hi OnlineD, can you enable wp debug : https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG
    i not really sure what is the problem. also may i know what version of PHP you currently use?
    also what version of jobplanet you currently use?

Thank you

OnlineD
    March 21, 2016 at 5:51 am #19170

I am running PHP Version 5.3.28

This is the error Iget when I try to activate the jplugin

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘The Facebook SDK requires PHP version 5.4 or higher.’ in /home/sites/workinoxford.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobplanet-plugin/external/facebook-sdk-v5/autoload.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /home/sites/workinoxford.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobplanet-plugin/lib/class-jeg-account-social.php(40): include_once() #1 /home/sites/workinoxford.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobplanet-plugin/lib/class-jeg-account-social.php(34): Jeg_Account_Social->includes() #2 /home/sites/workinoxford.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobplanet-plugin/lib/class-jeg-account-social.php(27): Jeg_Account_Social->__construct() #3 /home/sites/workinoxford.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobplanet-plugin/lib/class-jeg-account-social.php(450): Jeg_Account_Social::getInstance() #4 /home/sites/workinoxford.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobplanet-plugin/jobplanet-plugin.php(97): include(‘/home/sites/wor…’) #5 [internal function]: Jobplanet_Plugin->load_plugin(” in /home/sites/workinoxford.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobplanet-plugin/external/facebook-sdk-v5/autoload.php on line 32

I am running on a shared server so not sure if I am able to update the PHP version – is there anything else I can do? Will the site run correctly without the jplugin activated?

haggie01
    March 21, 2016 at 9:39 pm #19183

I have installed a clean fresh WP install via 123 reg and have downloaded the Job Planet theme and cannot get the jplugin to install and activate – I get a black screen with 500 error code on it.

By renaming the plugin to -old the site comes back again, so I know it’s definitely this plugin.

What options do I have are there any versions I should know about ??

Jegbagus
    March 22, 2016 at 3:00 am #19196

hi haggie01, it seems facebook API need PHP 5.4. you will need to upgrade your PHP version. you can update your PHP version to 5.6. you can contact your server administrator about this.

Thank you

OnlineD
    March 22, 2016 at 12:04 pm #19211

OK, I managed to update to PHP 5.4 and the plugin installed. However, I am now seeing an error at the top of the job listing page

Notice: Undefined index: keyword in /home/sites/workinoxford.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobplanet-plugin/template/job/job-list-box.php on line 34

http://workinoxford.co.uk/

Can you tell me how I might get trid of it?

Jegbagus
    March 23, 2016 at 1:45 am #19221

hi OnlineD, you will need to disable wp debug

Thank you

OnlineD
    March 23, 2016 at 5:33 am #19222

Thank you. I feel so stupid – I should have relaised that.

Jegbagus
    March 23, 2016 at 5:36 am #19223

need no worry

Cheers!

OnlineD
    March 23, 2016 at 7:27 am #19228

Sorry stcuk again. I have tried to figure it out myself but no luck.

I am simply trying to create a new account as if I was an employer but having clicked on the ‘create a vacancy’ link I only get the option to login – not to register for a new account?

http://workinoxford.co.uk/create-job/login/

Where am I going wrong?

Jegbagus
    March 23, 2016 at 10:01 am #19235

hi online please read how to enable registration right here : http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/social-login/

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.