Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Insert inline posts in article

ybogdanov
    October 6, 2018 at 10:53 pm #37892

Hi there!

Is it available to insert inline list of posts of specific category into an article?
    I saw that it’s available in theme options, but maybe also via shortcode or something directly in editor?

Thanks

Ferdy
    October 8, 2018 at 5:04 pm #37940

Hi ybogdanov,

there are two ways
    1. You can enable Inline Related Post on customizer. please go to Customizer > JNews : Single Post Option > Related Post Option and please enable Show Inline Post Related.

2. You can create a shortcode. at the first please create a new page and go to classic edtior then chose backend editor, after that add an element and chose JNews Module 1, on the content filter go to “include category” and chose your category and then save change, back to the classic editor then copy the shortcode. you can see the step in this link .

Thank you

ybogdanov
    October 13, 2018 at 11:41 pm #38200

So I created a shortcode which looks like this:

[vc_row][vc_column][jnews_block_3 compatible_column_notice=”” number_post=”6″ post_offset=”1″ include_category=”17″ excerpt_length=”20″ first_title=”Випуску” second_title=”Статті”][/jnews_block_3][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Is there a way I could change include_category=”17″ in the code to just CURRENT category (which current post belongs to)? So I don’t need to always check the category’s ID to display the posts from this category.

P.S. I can’t use 1st method because each time I need to embed this inline posts in different places in the text.

Ferdy
    October 15, 2018 at 1:55 pm #38224

Hi ybogdanov,

At the moment, we don’t have this feature. so, you need to check the category ID manually.

Thank you

ybogdanov
    October 15, 2018 at 7:54 pm #38239

Maybe I can modify some files to achieve that? 🙁

Ferdy
    October 16, 2018 at 1:56 pm #38269

Hi ybogdanov,

In this case, you need to do a lot of changes to achieve that. unfortunately, this is not our support scope area. Please check our support policy . if you interest you can use our custom change services. let me know if you have further question

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.