Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Images not loading

hangie
    December 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm #16973

I just set up a page and when browsing on mobile, the images sometimes do not load.

You can take a look here:

http://www.esperino.com/reviews/

They will load at first, but if you scroll up and down a couple of times, the images will disappear. Do you know what the cause is? I am browsing with an iPhone 6.

Jegbagus
    December 17, 2015 at 1:59 am #16975

hi hangie, its because phone is saving their resource and its normal on every phone i think. they usually will only render what you need to see. that is why you experience something like this.

Thank you

hangie
    December 20, 2015 at 9:17 pm #17038

Hi Jeg,

Thanks for the quik reply. This is definitely an issue as it never use to do this before. If you browse 4-5 pages on the site on your mobile device, scrolling up and down on each page, you’ll see images disappear after loading or not even load at all.

Good examples are reviews where the Related Article images do not load, whereas they use to.

This problem has been happening since I updated the theme with all the plugins the theme requires switched on.

hangie
    December 20, 2015 at 9:28 pm #17040

The best example is the homepage on a mobile device. Images just don’t load at all or disappear which is a horrible experience for a user.

I’ve tried loading this page repeatedly over a few different days and it always has the same problem. This definitely wasn’t an issue in the past.

hangie
    December 20, 2015 at 10:15 pm #17042

I fixed the problem myself. If anyone else has the same issue, its caused by WP Retina 2X. The image appears to try and reload a retina version and for whatever reason, it displays a blank image instead of the image it initially loaded, effectively overwriting a perfectly good image.

I turned on the “Ignore Mobile” option and that seems to have fixed it.

Jegbagus
    December 21, 2015 at 2:09 am #17048

hi hangie, your issues may related to this : http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/image-missing-suddenly/

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.