Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Huge slow-down after WordPress 4.4.1 upgrade

ReHWolution
    January 7, 2016 at 5:23 pm #17429

Hi, after we updated to WordPress 4.4.1 the website started to go really slowly. I tried de-activating all the plugins and it seems like it’s one of your theme plugins to cause this problem, it’s either the Visual Composer or JMagz plugins. Could you help me please? The hosting service limited my resources because of this problem and now it’s even slower…

Jegbagus
    January 8, 2016 at 2:16 am #17437

hi ReHWolution, on our demo, we are also using version 4.4.1
    but we doesn’t notice any slow down.
    btw can you try to use CDN like cloudflare? it work like threat, so your server only server php processing instead of static file.

Thank you

ReHWolution
    January 8, 2016 at 2:44 am #17439

I have CloudFlare correctly installed. Also, it seems like as soon as I use an homepage created with VC, it occupies the resources as I listed. May I know what kind of hosting service do you use? Also, sometimes (often, to be honest) the Visual Composer doesn’t work when I create a page 🙁

ReHWolution
    January 8, 2016 at 4:45 pm #17481

Hello?

Jegbagus
    January 9, 2016 at 2:29 am #17492

hi ReHWolution, i use linode and its work very well.

Thank you

ReHWolution
    January 10, 2016 at 9:33 pm #17529

I still have to keep VC off and can’t create a Visual Composer-made homepage. Would you help me with creating a static homepage that reads from reviews and news automatically WITHOUT going through visual composer?

Jegbagus
    January 11, 2016 at 2:31 am #17542

hi ReHWolution, if your server is soo slow. i can give you recommendation to use your localhost to create the content. just install xampp on your computer, and install wordpress and themes. i usually do this kind of trick and it working fine.

Thank you

ReHWolution
    January 11, 2016 at 12:36 pm #17562

The website is on already, we’re on since 2013… http://www.rehwolution.it, now it seems fine but now and then there are problems like CPU overusage and stuff like that…

Jegbagus
    January 12, 2016 at 1:58 am #17575

hi rehwolution, i notice that you have problem with visual composer right? and i also admit that visual composer is quite heavy plugin. but it widely used on WordPress community. and now its become standard on WordPress theme industry. not including visual composer is kind of suicide for us theme developer. even if we create new or better composer plugin people still will complain about they are not too familiar with it.

if you curious about it, you can just search on google “visual composer slow”. you will get alot of thread state about it.

i notice that your website quite fast load. even if you host it on Europe that normally load slowly in Asia. so i don’t think you have problem about how fast your website loading. and i can only suggest you to use cache plugin to minimize server resource.

and when you building new page with visual composer, you can do it on your localhost if you fell that your server unable to handle it.

Thank you

ReHWolution
    January 12, 2016 at 10:46 pm #17610

On the backend side, it’s really slow. With the hosting service we’re using now, we can’t use a caching plugin together with VC and we’re forced to use just the Cloudflare caching. We’ll move to a bigger service in the next days and tell you if there’s any problem on that platform too…
    However, would there be a chance to move the reviews into the posts maybe with a database query?

Jegbagus
    January 14, 2016 at 3:16 am #17665

they are is in 1 database. if you need to change review into post, it will need a switch to detect it those post is review or not. you will need to make some custom change for this.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.