Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

How to Show the Footer on Blog and Portfolio Pages

Clint Mallon
    January 21, 2015 at 5:22 am #8483

I am using the template “Landing Page Builder – Visual Composer” on every pages of my site and the result is outstanding:

http://rustylionacademy.com

On a few of the pages, I had to switch the template to achieve a blog or portfolio layout:

http://rustylionacademy.com/webinars/
    http://rustylionacademy.com/jackson-hole-portfolio/art/

On the five templates below, the footer doesn’t show up for some reason?

Blog – Clean Layout
    Blog – Masonry Layout
    Blog – Normal Layout
    Blog – Wide Layout
    Portfolio – Portfolio List Page

…In other words, I need the footer to show on every page, no matter what template I’m using.

How do I get the footer to show in the blog / portfolio pages?

Thank you!!

Adek
    January 22, 2015 at 8:48 am #8531

Hi seemallon,

Sorry, at the moment we don’t provide footer for all page template. We only provide the footer only on Landing Page template and Portfolio Item with Extended layout.

Thank you

Clint Mallon
    January 22, 2015 at 3:30 pm #8558

Hi Dek Ery,

Thank you for the reply. Is this something I could have my developer add to these templates by copying over the PHP from the Landing Page template into the blog and portfolio templates…or it a bit more complicated than that?

Thanks

Adek
    January 26, 2015 at 8:17 am #8589

Hi seemallon,

Yes, you also need to make some change on the css code to make the footer fit with certain page template. For example : on Blog – Masonry Layout, Blog Layout – Normal Half Width, Blog Layout – Normal with Sidebar, Portfolio – Metro Layout and etc. And maybe there is something that need to make a change as well.

This is landing footer file jkreativ-themes/template/landing-footer.php

Thank you

Clint Mallon
    January 26, 2015 at 8:24 am #8590

Thanks Dek Ery!!!

Wouldn’t you agree that the footer should be built into every page template by default and if someone wants to remove it, they should be able to do so within the theme options panel (or the individual page)?

I personally think the pages don’t look right without the footer. All of my pages have a footer besides the pages that are created using the Blog or Portfolio templates which doesn’t make sense if you’re a Web Designer.

I would imagine that most Web Designers/Developers would agree. Hopefully you do as well.

edgeux
    January 26, 2015 at 10:21 am #8598

*sticks oar in*

i agree but masonry layout can be a bit odd with a footer!

mat

Adek
    January 27, 2015 at 6:24 am #8628

We will consider about that, and we also need think of another thing as well for some reason.

Thank you

sgchan
    February 15, 2015 at 4:39 pm #9299

Kindly do consider adding an OPTION for footer. It looks very incomplete without it in quite a lot of cases but not all, e.g. Masonry

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  sgchan.
    Clint Mallon
    February 15, 2015 at 6:26 pm #9301

@sgchan I completely agree. I’ve actually never used a theme where the footer isn’t available on a page / post. It looks incomplete to me as well and I think this def needs to be added to Jkreativ during the next update.

tjharley
    March 28, 2015 at 6:05 pm #10376

Yes, please add footer for blog posts. Looks weird without it.
    Thanks.

JEF74
    October 21, 2015 at 9:38 am #15431

I agree too. There’s a lack oh homogeneity on my website without a footer on ALL pages.

anjalobanja
    November 7, 2015 at 8:38 pm #15930

I would use that too, please 🙂

Adek
    November 9, 2015 at 7:18 am #15964

Hi Guys,

You can try to visit this topic http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/blog-post-order-in-masonry/page/2/ about adding landing footer element.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.