Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

How can I transfer the Post View? terima kasih!

navegante
    March 12, 2018 at 10:22 pm #29493

Hi! In the past, Iโ€™m using Newspaper Theme and now switched it to JNEWS, which I love it!!. I have a little concern, how can I transfer the number of post views from my previous theme?

Do I need to include some code in the functions.php? Coul you explain to me how to do it?

Thanks a lot, terima kasih!!

Jegbagus
    March 13, 2018 at 8:41 pm #29529

hi navegante, we have hook for that. you can use it like code below :

im not very familiar with how newspaper themes get their view per post. so you can try to ask them how to find their total view base on post id.

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

navegante
    March 13, 2018 at 11:01 pm #29539

Hi,
    Thanks a lot, but it is not working.
    I inserted the code at the end of my functions.php and sadly it is not working..

The variable used by newspaper for total view is post_views_count
    Can it help?

Adek
    March 14, 2018 at 1:09 pm #29558

Hi navegante,

Please try to update the code above with this one below:

Thank you

navegante
    March 14, 2018 at 9:54 pm #29582

Thanks again,

I tried the new code in my functions.php and still it is not working.
    Also I notice, when I activate the “Show Share/View Counter” they are not running. Always shows the same initial number, or 0.
    Do you think it is a problem with my cache plugin?

Have a nice day!

Adek
    March 15, 2018 at 9:55 am #29607

Hi navegante,

Regarding this issue, can you please try to disable all plugins except required plugin that related to JNews and view counter feature? Also, it would be better if you can provide me the URL of your website so i can check it directly on my side.

Thank you

navegante
    March 16, 2018 at 9:02 am #29641
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    March 16, 2018 at 11:43 am #29645

Hi navegante,

I’ve been checking your website previously and I notice you’re using a cache plugin like WP Rocket. Can you please try to disable it just for a while? because it causing JavaScript error on the console log (browser dev tools).

If the problem still occurs after you disable the plugins that not related with JNews, it seems I will need to check your website from WP Admin Dashboard. In this case, please provide me login access to your website. You can send it here don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

navegante
    March 16, 2018 at 9:12 pm #29657
    Adek
    March 19, 2018 at 10:30 am #29686

Hi navegante,

Sorry for late reply. I’ve been checked your website previously and I see the problem as you mention on above.

Actually, this is not a common problem and it’s weird for me. Regarding this issue, I will need to do further investigation directly on your website. Can you please provide me FTP access to your server? so I can debug several theme and plugin files. You can send it here donโ€™t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

navegante
    March 20, 2018 at 8:36 am #29725
    Adek
    March 20, 2018 at 12:49 pm #29747

Hi navegante,

I’ve been doing some debugging on your website and it seems the problem caused by the previous custom code on above. Now the view counter just works fine on your website, kindly you can check it out. Let me know if you still getting a problem in there. Please confirm.

Thank you

navegante
    March 20, 2018 at 10:03 pm #29765

Wow!. looks great!
    Thanks a lot for a great work!
    Now, how I can recover the old post view from my newspaper theme?
    Do I need to include the last code you give me in the functions.php?

Adek
    March 21, 2018 at 10:24 am #29786

Hi navegante,

Previously i’ve been put the right code for importing the post view from Newspaper to JNews, don’t worry about it.

Let me know if you need something else in there and don’t forget to leave 5 stars rating for JNews ๐Ÿ˜€ it will help us much.

Thank you

navegante
    March 21, 2018 at 11:24 pm #29808

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.