Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

hide the vote cloud/ hide the author

nbitsos
    November 2, 2017 at 9:18 am #24903

I would like to hide/disable the vote option at the top of every post/page and the author displayed that is displayed on home page on posts (I have already disable it inside a post but not at the home page).

Also, when I mouse over the Author’s link it displays the username instead on the Name, which is displayed correctly as link. On user’s settings I have selected to display the Name instead of username.

How it can be done?

Thank you.

Jegbagus
    November 2, 2017 at 1:18 pm #24907

hi nbitsos,

1. you need to disable JNews – Like Button plugin.

2. i don’t really get what issue you have. can you explain us more? or giving us screenshot about your issue.
    we have try on our end. and its working good. take a look below image :

Thank you

nbitsos
    November 2, 2017 at 1:28 pm #24909

According to the second it is displayed correctly by if you mouse over your name it displays the username instead.

Did you try it?

nbitsos
    November 2, 2017 at 1:36 pm #24910

I disabled JNews – Like Button plugin and it works inside a post but on the home page it keeps still being displayed. I want to hide it from there as well.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  nbitsos.
    nbitsos
    November 2, 2017 at 1:41 pm #24913

According to the second it is displayed correctly by if you mouse over your name it displays the username instead. I mean mouse over on the hyperlink at the top of the post, at by link.

Did you try it?

Jegbagus
    November 2, 2017 at 1:48 pm #24914

hi nbitsos,

i try it, but i don’t get anything like you telling me to. which element do you mean?

which element on home page that still have this issue? can you provide us screenshot? as i know if you already disable jnews like button plugin, it should be disable all like functionality on the themes.

Thank you

nbitsos
    November 2, 2017 at 1:54 pm #24915
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    November 2, 2017 at 3:04 pm #24917

Hi nbitsos,

1. It seems the remain button that you mean on homepage is the comment button. If yes, you can use this css code below and put it on the Customizer Panel > Additional CSS :

2. About the post author display issue, can you help us to provide a screenshot about the user profile setting? Please make sure if you have been fill the First Name and Last Name field then set the Display name publicly as option as well.

But if you want to delete them, you can use this css code below and put it on the Customizer Panel > Additinal CSS :

Thank you

nbitsos
    November 6, 2017 at 1:50 pm #25057

Hi again, It works ONLY on home page. If e.g. I click on the calendar that displays the posts as archived then the two issues remain (comment button and post author). How to hide it from everywhere?

Adek
    November 7, 2017 at 2:36 am #25077

Hi nbitsos,

Please replace the previous code with this one below :

Let us know if it’s work or not on your side. Also, after you have done making those changes, don’t forget to clear your browser cache.

Thank you

nbitsos
    November 7, 2017 at 6:41 am #25086

ok worked thank you.

Adek
    November 7, 2017 at 7:23 am #25090

You’re welcome nbitsos 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.