Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Disable Youtube link possible?

pvphoto
    December 7, 2018 at 7:59 pm #40492

Hello, is it possible to disable the link to the Youtube video when using Jnews? So that users don’t leave the website when clicking on the title, etc. I know right click always remains available, but left click is omitted by some players like the one below:

If not possible, would this plugin be compatible?

ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder (YouTube, Vimeo, HTML5 Video …)

Thanks

Adek
    December 10, 2018 at 5:54 pm #40618

Hi pvphoto,

Unfortunately, at the moment we don’t have this kind of feature. For the 3rd party plugin, we can confirm the compatibility with JNews because currently we only support several 3rd party plugin. If you find an issue you may need to ask support into the plugin author but we will always try to help our customer as long as we can. Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

pvphoto
    December 11, 2018 at 6:22 pm #40768

Thanks for the reply. So I wonder, if I get that plugin, and use the jnews VIDEO demo with the video playing on top of the post, after insterting Youtube url in the edito’s video tab, will it use the original Jnews/Youtube player, or the one from the plugin with link disabled? It’s a paid plugin so I can’t test it and shortcodes aside and being able to embed without link in the post, my aim is to be able to use it on top of the post where the featured image appears. Do you think that is possible please?

TLDR: I’d like to be able to use a 3rd party video player on top of the post using the jnews VIDEO demo please.

• This reply was modified 3 days ago by  pvphoto.
    Ferdy
    December 12, 2018 at 11:39 am #40814

Hi pvphoto,

Actually, this is not our support scope. you can check our support policy. have you tried to contact the author regarding the compatibility with our theme?. for your info, if the plugin listed on WordPress.org it would be free unless you want to use the pro version.

Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.