default Image Size on Posts, typekit fonts, home page style setting, site counte
Post count: 6yoodayNovember 16, 2017 at 10:07 am #25499
1. I tried inserting a 1150px X 800px image into a post – both directly as well as via NextGen gallery. JNews only shows an 800px width version of it. Can this default image width be changed through the Customizer or somewhere else ?
2. The theme seems like it isn’t reading my typekit ID properly, though I’ve provided it under the ID field. I wanted to continue using the ‘Freight-text’ font that I have paid for, but under the Global Font –> Paragraph font section I don’t see my typeset font on the dropdown list. Would eventually want to increase the paragraph font size as well as image caption sizes. Please let me know if the customizer can do this? not able to see it.
3. Imported the Fashion blog style, as I really liked Home Page 3 [ https://jnews.io/fashion-blog/home-3/ ]- the Title text with slight overlap into the images is a great way to showcase posts. But for some reason my home page does not show that at all. Not sure where to change the setting for it. Please help.
4. The existing site has been active for 4 years; does the Jnews site counter ‘know’ how many views each page on the site has received etc? What is the best way to display it on the top-left of the site ?
Thank you.Post count: 11150AdekNovember 17, 2017 at 5:11 am #25532
1. Do you want to make 1150px X 800px become default image dimension? Also, it would be better if you can provide the url of your single post page so i can replicate the issue on my side.
2. About Type Kit Font, can you please tell me your setting on the customizer panel? For more detail about Type Kit Font setting, please visit our documentation here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/font-option/
3. Can you please provide me your homepage url, so i can check your site directly.
4. Unfortunately, we don’t have this option at the moment. Please try to install JNews View Counter (for page and post view counter) and JNews Social Share (for displaying view counter on each page and post) plugin. Please visit our documentation about this here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/social-share/
Thank youPost count: 6yoodayNovember 17, 2017 at 8:01 am #25545
Thanks a lot, Adek.
1. Yes, to be more precise, I would like the theme to have as a default image display width on single posts to be 1125px X 750px. [I first thought of 1150 but if we use a 3:2 ratio the shorter edge comes to be 766.66 so not sure how that would work!] 1150px is the technical maximum for full-width posts, correct? Here’s the single post URL http://www.floatingsuns.com/travelogues/norway/northern-lights-4-day-trip-narvik-norway/
2. I think there was a delay/lag on typekit serving up the font yesterday. I do see freight-text on the Global font panel, and it seems that only Safari correctly displays this font now. However, Firefox & Chrome don’t. Do you see the same issue ?
3. Sure : http://www.floatingsuns.com
4. Thanks, noted. I’ll try these.
5. JNEWS has a neat section called “Additional CSS” where we can write over-rides etc. I’m also using a child-theme. Question is, how do I ‘see’ the code you’ve actually used in order to decide what to over-ride. For example, I want to make my caption font size larger. If I go to chrome & inspect that element it refers to a section called “figcaption.wp-caption-text” which probably has code on the font to use. Can you please tell me where in your theme files I should look for the original code that I should refer to before attempting an over-ride? Thanks !Post count: 11150AdekNovember 17, 2017 at 10:32 am #25565
1. Actually i’m not really know much about NextGen Gallery plugin. Yes, for fullwidth size post will use 1150px width container. In this case, since you’re using NextGen Gallery, you may need to check your Gallery Settings for NextGen Gallery. If you’re using Add Media to insert an image into your post, you can choose Full Size on Size option or Custom Size.
2. & 3. At the moment i can’t check your site because it doesn’t load properly on my side. Can you tell me what version of JNews that you use on your site? We just released a new version of JNews today v1.1.2 including several plugin updates. Kindly you can check it out.
5. You can find out this file
/jnews/assets/css/main.css. But if you don’t get the same CSS code on that file, maybe they come from a plugin. You can put your changes on child theme or Additional CSS, choose which easier for you.
Thank youPost count: 6yoodayNovember 17, 2017 at 12:01 pm #25575
Thanks Adek, I think there’s some other problem –
1. To your point, I’ve de-activated NextGen. The Single post http://www.floatingsuns.com/travelogues/norway/northern-lights-4-day-trip-narvik-norway/ has as its 4th picture a red house. This image was uploaded at 1150px to Media section of WordPress [nothing to do with Nextgen, which is anyway disabled]. Yet, it shows up as 800px width. Where can I tell JNews theme to show full 1150px (or default width to 1125px?) thanks
2 & 3. I am using Jnews 1.1.2. I confirm the font issue persists. Only if I am logged in to the site through WordPress and open a new tab, Jnews shows the correct typekit font. If I’m logged out, it will not serve the font on any browser.
5. Thank you.Post count: 11150AdekNovember 18, 2017 at 2:42 am #25609
I just notice there some problem that occurs on your site since i visit your site as a visitor (not login). Can you please disable WP Super Cache and JNews Speed plugin just for a while? So your site can load properly on my side. After that, i will check the following issues as you mention on above.
Thank youPost count: 6yoodayNovember 18, 2017 at 2:53 am #25611
Sure, I have now disabled those two plugins.
I’ve listed below all the other active plugins as well..
Advanced Social Widget – MailChimp Edition
Disqus Comment System
Fanciest Author Box
Google XML Sitemaps
JNews – AMP Extender
JNews – Auto Load Next Post
JNews – Detail Category Customizer
JNews – Essential
JNews – JSON-LD
JNews – Meta Header
JNews – Social Share
JNews – View Counter
NK Google Analytics
Posts in Sidebar
Responsive Video Light
Typekit Fonts for WordPress
Vafpress Post Formats UI
WPBakery Page Builder
Yoast SEOPost count: 11150AdekNovember 18, 2017 at 4:09 am #25616
1. Yes you can. But you need to disable the right side bar in there. You need to enable Override Global Template Setting option and choose Fullwidth layout on Override Global Template Setting option. You can see the result: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5oqzm8d6jhqmao/Screenshot%202017-11-18%2012.01.29.png?dl=0
2. I think now your font just work fine. Here’s the result on my side https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3hx1a8pj7w4uy4/Screenshot%202017-11-18%2012.02.03.png?dl=0
3. About replicate Fashion Blog – Home 3, you will need to create a new page. You can use this page content here https://pastebin.com/8U5qrzrU then you just need to make some adjustment in there.
Thank youPost count: 6yoodayNovember 18, 2017 at 6:05 am #25622
Thanks a lot, Adek! this is very promising.
1. The result looks great. So I did what you said by editing that particular post. I chose Template 1 and below that specified “Full width”. I also went to Appearance –> Customize –> JNews Single Post option –> Single post option –> pick Template 1, and under Layout choose “Fullwidth”. This now works on all the posts – thank you !
2. You’re right, it does. Thank you !
3. I got a part of that working on the home page thanks to your Home 3 special text!. However, if you see your Home 3 Fashion blog, there are 3 distinct sections :
1. 3 large images (full width)
2. 4 featured images (full width)
3. A Latest posts section (with sidebar).
The code you have provided successfully generates the first 2. Can you please send me the right code to use for the bottom part as well? (The Latest posts section with the sidebar only from there on?)
Also, what is the correct template setting for your Home-3 on Fashion – Sidebar on Right or Full-width?
Thank youPost count: 6yoodayNovember 19, 2017 at 4:53 am #25646
on point 3 of my previous question, the 3rd part “Latest posts” section – is now working. If you visit http://www.floatingsuns.com you’ll see it is almost similar to the Fashion style of yours with Home-3 setting. Now only thing that is not mirroring your site is the sidebar next to the Latest post section. How can I put that in please ?
Is there any way to not show the word “Home” at the top of the Home page?
YoodayPost count: 11150AdekNovember 20, 2017 at 1:49 am #25671
You need to use Landing Page template instead of Default Template on your homepage. You can check this image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/knahzdy9svu2gop/Screenshot%202017-11-20%2009.48.50.png?dl=0
Thank youPost count: 6yoodayNovember 20, 2017 at 8:33 am #25700
Thanks Adek, I am using your Landing Page template now..
On point 3 of my previous question, the 3rd part “Latest posts” section – is now working. If you visit http://www.floatingsuns.com you’ll see it is almost similar to the Fashion style of yours with Home-3 setting. Now only thing that is not mirroring your site is the sidebar next to the Latest post section. How can I put that in please ?
UdayPost count: 11150AdekNovember 21, 2017 at 1:19 am #25743
On our demo page, for the 3rd part is using Page Loop and on your homepage for the 3rd part is using visual composer element. In this case, you can choose to use Page Loop or visual composer element. But if you use visual composer element, you can’t replicate the pagination as we have on our demo.
For Page Loop option, you can visit our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/page/ then jump into Page Loop section.
For visual composer element you can check this image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/58yw6v3kviqk3j5/Screenshot%202017-11-21%2009.17.38.png?dl=0
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.