Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

decreasing overall site width

November 24, 2014 at 6:14 pm #6617

Hi,

Is there a way to decrease the width of the content in the sections? Everything is displayed so large and and I would like to know if there is a place in the code somewhere to customize this? For instance all the videos are displayed huge automatically and I would like to have the videos displayed the same page width as all the other content. Is there a site wide setting I can mess with to see if I can get it to look the way I want? I just want a narrower content area for all the pages.

Thank you,
    Nicki

Adek
    November 25, 2014 at 4:42 am #6634

Hi Nicki,

It seems you need to make a lot change of css code to achieve that. But you can try to use boxed content.

Thank you

November 25, 2014 at 4:47 am #6636

Hi,

I don’t really want to use the boxed content. Is all the CSS on 1 page to change? Can you just point me in the right direction on what parts of the code I would need to mess with? I just can’t seem to find the margins or anything…

Or can you tell me how to customize the vimeo embeds so that I can customize the width…they are too big on thier own.

Thank you,
    Nicki

Adek
    November 25, 2014 at 6:11 am #6643

Hi Nicki,

You can try to use this code below and put it on the JKreativ Dashboard > Additional Style :

Thank you

November 25, 2014 at 3:37 pm #6714

Ok, that sort of works, but there are these giant black bars above and below the video now. Take a look:
    http://underconstruction.fidelis-films.com/
    How can I make it normal size?

Also, I know it’s probably out of your scope of support to help me change the margin widths of the entire site, but I still want to try. My client is not happy with how wide everything is and I would rather not have to start all over and switch themes. Can you just please let me know which files I should look at that includes these specifications? I just would like to know where to start.

Thank you,
    Nicki

Adek
    November 27, 2014 at 8:01 am #6775

Hi Nicki,

Can you provide me access into your wp dashboard, i will check it directly if the css code that i provide previously doesn’t work properly in there. You can send it in here and don’t forget check the Set as private reply option.

Thanks for your understanding our support scope, i will try to help you as long as i can.

Thank you

November 28, 2014 at 6:53 pm #6909
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    December 1, 2014 at 8:02 am #7070

Hi Nicki,

I’ve been make several change on vimeo video. Please taka a look.

Thank you

December 1, 2014 at 2:56 pm #7095

Hello Dek,

That looks waaay better! Thank you! Is there a way I can adjust the portfolio block width on the homepage to match the video width? I think if I can get my homepage elements to all be the same width, that would work better… let me know the name of that piece of code!

Thank you,
    Nicki

Adek
    December 2, 2014 at 11:06 am #7118

Hi Nicki,

To achieve that you need to wrap your portfolio or another element on your landing page with column. You can use the column shortcode that i’ve created previously. You can change it as you need.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.