Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Custom Pages or Layouts and Custom header color for Categories

theman
    November 24, 2017 at 12:02 am #25880

I have 2 spesific question.

1- Can we design category pages like Landing page? Or simple way: how can we redirect category urls to custom page url? (Example: example.com/category/news to example.com/news)

2- How can i change header color for each category? Or the other way: Different colors for menu hover?

Thanks in advance.

Rai
    November 24, 2017 at 2:51 am #25911

Hi @theman,

1. At the moment we don’t have builder for category template, but you could use landing page and filter the modules to certain category and this page to menu to replace category menu. For removing category slug you might want to try 3rd party plugin for that, such as: Remove Category URL.
    P.S. We never tested that plugin with JNews yet, it may caused issue if its not compatible.

2. Please install JNews – Customize Detail Category & JNews – Extended Category Option plugin to have more option to customize each category settings.

Thank you

theman
    November 24, 2017 at 3:52 am #25915
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    November 25, 2017 at 11:32 am #25956

Hi theman,

1. We’re not quite sure about it yet. We will take a look at this thing. At this moment you may need to use redirect plugin. For example from www.yourdomain.com/category/my-cateogry redirect to www.yourdomain.com/my-cateogry-page. You can try to use this redirect plugin Redirection.

2. Unfortunately, we don’t have that kind of feature. At this moment, to achieve that you will need to add custom CSS code.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.