Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Create users. Disable invitation on WordPress Multisite

desireon
    October 14, 2018 at 1:41 am #38201

Hi guys.

We have the theme installed in a WordPress Multisite.

We need to disable the “invitation” when an administrator or another user creates a new user.

What’s happening right now is that when an administrator create a user we got this message:
    “The invitation has been sent to the new user by email. You must click on the confirmation link for your account to be created.”

We tried everything to disable that invitation and disable the activation by email because we need to the administrator to create users like a simple WordPress installation. Administrators can create the users, but the invitation still there.

Do you know guys, how can we disable that?

Thanks

Adek
    October 15, 2018 at 1:44 pm #38223

Hi desireon,

I just try to replicate the issue on my side. When i create a new user from network site i unable to skip email confirmation but when i create on the single site i was enabled to skip email confirmation. In this case, you may need to use a plugin to do that. Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

desireon
    October 16, 2018 at 9:41 am #38250

hi Adek

Thanks for your message.

I think I forgot to comment something.

The Super admin (role) can create users with no problems.
    However, when an administrator creates a user they got the message “The invitation has been sent to the new user by email. You must click on the confirmation link for your account to be created.”

We have enabled the option in the multisite network that administrator can create users in their sites, but we need to disable the invitation because that option doesn’t work for us.

We only need that the administrators are able to create new users without the invitation.

Do you have any option available to do that?

thank you very much

Ferdy
    October 16, 2018 at 1:41 pm #38268

Hi desireon,

At the moment, we don’t have a solution for this thing. you may need to use a plugin that can disable email notification. Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

desireon
    October 17, 2018 at 5:09 am #38288

Hi Fredy.

Thanks for your reply.

This is not about email notification. It’s about email activation for new users.
    Usually, an administrator can create users in WordPress Multisite environments. we have that options enabled in the WordPress Multisite website. That works perfect, but for some reason, we think with your theme although that option is enabled, the system always sent an email to the new users to be activated.

That option is what we need to disable. We want to create users without activation process.

Hope you can help us with that.

thanks

Adek
    October 18, 2018 at 12:08 pm #38324

Hi desireon,

On JNews, we send an email activation into new user if they register from JNews form registration (frontend). It will not affect if the administrator adding a new user from the admin dashboard. Have you tried to disable several plugins except for required plugin that related to JNews or switch using other themes just for checking>?

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.