Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Connect the subscribe form to Mailchimp

vickylyashenko
    August 18, 2015 at 1:13 pm #13727

Hello! How can I connect the subscriber form so the collected email addresses go directly to mailchimp?

Thanks!

Rai
    August 19, 2015 at 3:40 am #13757

Hi vickylyashenko,

This theme is not have mailchimp feature, but you can use 3rd party plugin such as: “MailChimp for WordPress”. To integrate it on footer, it may need custom changes to template files regarding what plugins you use.

Thank you

vickylyashenko
    August 21, 2015 at 7:01 pm #13855

One of the main reasons I purchased this theme is because of the beautiful subscriber form – there is no way I can make the mailchimp form look like that 🙁 Anyway you can help me integrate the two?

Rai
    August 22, 2015 at 7:00 am #13870

Hi vickylyashenko,

FYI, we not support 3rd party plugin, but it is really easy actually to integrate it.
    All we need to do is insert the shortcode with the same form markup with our theme. Here is step-by-step:

1. Install “MailChimp for WordPress” plugin.
    2. After activate it, go to Mailchimp for WP > setup API Key, click “Get your API key here.” for further instruction.
    3. Go to Mailchimp for WP > Forms. Locate the Forms Markup then replace with this code:

Save changes.

4. Copy the shortcode right below Forms Markup textarea, example: “[mc4wp_form]”
    5. Edit theme’s file at: falive-themes/footer.php update the content with this:

Thank you

vickylyashenko
    August 23, 2015 at 1:03 am #13878

Thank you so much – the instructions helped so much! Thank you! How can I have the Name in there as well? Also, the email box is a little too wide and the padding is not there above the button. Thank you so much for your help!

Rai
    August 23, 2015 at 1:31 pm #13884

Hi vickylyashenko,

You can Add new field for additional field available on plugin. But, our theme only support textbox input & button for styling, for textbox input you can follow the email by adding class “sml_emailinput” so it will have same appearance, for example:

You may need custom CSS to reduce width if you feel its too wide. I can’t access your site anyway, it seem your site down? 🙁

Thank you

jeraldinephneah
    August 26, 2015 at 8:44 am #13966
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rai
    August 27, 2015 at 1:43 am #13978

Hi jeraldinephneah,

Please refer to my reply above.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.