Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Child theme custom style not working

Purpurea
    July 29, 2014 at 7:43 pm #2285

Hi! First of all, thank you for this theme… I love it, it’s the result of a big big research on themeforest 😀
    I got everything working but the child theme extra style… I write new css under the comment Theme customization starts here with no success, for example to simply change color or weight of the font…

Maybe I don’t know the correct use for a child theme… Am I right in copying (not cutting) the code I need to change from parent theme and paste it on child’s one?

Thank you! ^^

Purpurea
    July 30, 2014 at 10:57 am #2323

Please 🙁 <3
    Maybe it’s a stupid question, but if so, it would be easier to answer…

PS: of course I have the child theme activated in WordPress and I’m adding custom extra style in its css sheet, via ftp or via editor. Child theme is working because it gets the template from the parent theme, but extra style not working…

An example:

/*
    Theme Name:Jkreativ Child Theme
    Version: 1.0.0
    Theme URI: http://themeforest.net
    Description: A basic starter child theme for Jkreativ
    Author: Jegtheme
    Author URI: http://jegtheme.com/
    Template: jkreativ-themes
    License: GNU General Public License v2
    License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html
    */

@import url("../jkreativ-themes/style.css");

/* =Theme customization starts here
    ------------------------------------------------------- */

.portfolio-content-wrapper-inner {
    color: #333;
    font-weight: bolder !important;
    }

Rai
    July 30, 2014 at 4:02 pm #2333

Hi @purpurea,

Sorry for delayed reply. About child theme, have you active those child theme instead of parent theme?
    May I know what is your site URL? It would be easier for me to check.

Thank you

Purpurea
    August 6, 2014 at 9:38 am #2594

I have the child theme activated.
    my url temporary url is test.radicetta.com/grafitesacra/

thank you so much

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Purpurea.
    Jegbagus
    August 7, 2014 at 12:47 am #2620

hi Purpurea, its very weird. it seems the import is actually load the file instead of append the file. we will inspect about this, but while waiting, you can put your css change to jkreativ dashboard > additional style.

Thank you

Purpurea
    August 7, 2014 at 8:14 am #2646

thank you Jagbasus, hope we can solve soon…
    Meanwhile, with addictional style in jkreativ dashboard everything seems to be fine!

Last question and we’re done: 🙂
    If I export an xml file to backup my wordpress site, are the changes in addictional style included or should I copy the code in another way, for example in a text file? Just to be safer, thanks ^^

Rai
    August 8, 2014 at 1:00 am #2662

Hi @purpurea,

If you do export All Content it should backup your content & options too. But, it would be great if you had another option to backup your additional style in case wordpress importer doesn’t work.

Thank you

beyondmaybe
    September 3, 2014 at 6:35 pm #3574

I’m having the same problem with the child theme CSS. I can see in my inspection software that it’s not loading the child theme CSS. The child theme is activated.

Rai
    September 5, 2014 at 3:06 pm #3647

Hi @beyondmaybe,

May I know what files that you do customize on child theme? Also make sure that you have placed files in the same structure directory to make those override the parent theme.

Thank you

beyondmaybe
    September 9, 2014 at 5:26 pm #3798

Hi Rai, I haven’t customized any files except the style.css, which is set up properly, as is the child theme folder. When I view source I can see the child theme stylesheet is not being called. Any further suggestions?

Rai
    September 11, 2014 at 8:31 am #3904

Hi beyondmaybe,

Anyway, it would be easier to put your custom css into Jkreativ > Additional Style instead of use child theme just for CSS. I’m not sure the problem yet about child theme, I will check it further.

Thank you

beyondmaybe
    September 11, 2014 at 4:22 pm #3930

Hi Rai,

No, it wouldn’t. It’s the only way it currently works but that would be an arduous way to customize the site. Please let me know what you find out. Is there some way to private-message you the site URL? Thanks.

Adek
    September 12, 2014 at 9:20 am #3951

Hi beyondmaybe,

You can contact us via Profil Page here http://themeforest.net/user/jegtheme

Thank You

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.