Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Changing Things

lvlessi
    November 5, 2018 at 4:06 am #39004

Hello sir. i have few things to ask. let me number that to make it easy for you sir.

1-) when i open any category i see that in the middle there is empty space with category name. from where this setting can be changed ? i mean that style of category page ?

2-) can i add twitter counter here at right side without putting twitter APP ID/Secret ? because i applied for twotter’s developer account and it’s got rejected

—- for both above mentioned points kindly see this image below
    http://www.upl.co/uploads/20181105057421541361625.png

3-) i want to make some change in my index.php code. but if i do in main file this will get replaced by new updated theme version when i replace it. and if i move that index.php file into child theme then in case of any updated code you push with new update will have no effect in copied file into child theme.. in this case how can i make changes for index.php so that my newly put code and any new comes with new updated version of theme both have effect on page ?

4-) when you are going to add floating social bar to theme update ? currently it only works for desktop

Adek
    November 5, 2018 at 12:25 pm #39022

Hi lvlessi,

1. You can customize the general category page layout from Customize > JNews : Category Template > Category Global Template > Category Header.

2. At the moment we should Twitter API to fetch the counter data. May i know what the reason your request got rejected?

3. It will depend on the part that you want to changes. In this case, you may need to update your changes when there’s an update for the related file.

4. We already have a plan to add this feature. Hopefully, we can add it on the next theme update.

Thank you

lvlessi
    November 5, 2018 at 7:13 pm #39050

i don’t remember the reason now i applied about a month ago for it when i was setting this thing up. i though may be rejected due to newly made account. now when i try to re’apply for developer account there is no choice to re’apply for that for now ! thats why asked can i show without developer acc

—-

i want to put some code to show CRYPTO RATES at this place which will be through index.php changes right ? see pic below

http://www.upl.co/uploads/201811051610501541416268.png

Ferdy
    November 6, 2018 at 3:17 pm #39076

Hi lvlessi,

1. For the twitter counter, Twitter has been changing their system for accessing the account info and now we must have the Access token for accessing the account info. we not able to get the data directly only with the account URL and about your request got rejected I found this article that has the same problem with you. please check on this link

2. Can you provide me where do you want to put the code? homepage, single post or else?

Thank you

lvlessi
    November 6, 2018 at 10:24 pm #39085
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ferdy
    November 7, 2018 at 11:01 am #39099
    This reply has been marked as private.
    lvlessi
    November 7, 2018 at 9:12 pm #39116

Yes sir i have added the code already. BUT the real thing i want to you to let me know is that. now see i have added the code in header.php file in JNews theme directory. As i am using child theme too . But now if an update comes and i replace the whole directory that code will be removed right ? on the otherhand, if i copy that header.php file in Child Theme and put my code there. in that case if you push an update code in header.php file that new code will not have any effect on my website as i am overriding header.php file in child theme right ? now how would i put this code to have effect always on my website e.g. in case of new update of theme and in case of you put new code in header.php file all have effect on my website

Moreover that crypto ticker shows only 1st value of 5 when i check this from mobileview not all the 5 ones from mobile.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  lvlessi.
    Ferdy
    November 8, 2018 at 10:56 am #39124

Hi lvlessi,

1. For the child theme, in this case, you need to copy the content of the header.php on the parent theme to your child theme. if there available the new update, you need to copy again the content of the header.php on the parent theme. for example

2. For the mobile section, actually the design is from the tradingview, you can check on their blog and on my screenshot.

Thank you

lvlessi
    November 9, 2018 at 1:34 am #39149

no other way to put code only once and new update will automatically take effect and ticker too ?
    as you told “”if there available the new update,you need to copy again the content of the header.php on the parent theme””. i never checked BTW what new updates came with. is there any place where you show that these are the new features/fixes has been added or any place where you tell these files’ code has been updated ? for convenience to check and to update in child themes etc ?

Ferdy
    November 9, 2018 at 1:44 pm #39177

Hi lvlessi,

unfortunately, there is no other way to make it work automatically. At the moment, we do not list the changed file on theme update and also we rarely to update the header.php. Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.