Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Changing font for H2, H3, etc.

nreuter
    August 26, 2014 at 4:42 pm #3334

How do I change fonts? I wanted to try (for example) using Google Font “Indie Flower”.

I added this to my Custom CSS:

h3 {
    font-family: ‘Indie Flower’, courier;
    }

But it didn’t seem to work.

Thanks!

Jegbagus
    August 27, 2014 at 12:44 am #3355

hi nreuter, have you enqueue the font it self?
    like adding something like this on header :

<link rel='stylesheet' href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,400,700' type='text/css' media='all' />

your code will not work if you are not enqueuing font on top of menu.

Thank you

nreuter
    August 27, 2014 at 2:24 am #3364

I don’t know what the word “enqueuing” means. When I’m in the Theme Options I only see a way to change fonts for “first section” “second section” and “third section”. I do’nt know what that is. Is that supposed to be H1, H2, and H3? Because it doesn’t seem to change those fonts.

Rai
    August 27, 2014 at 6:16 am #3375

Hi @nreuter,

If you want to use Google Font, please select it first on Appearance > Customize > Font Switcher to get your fonts included on site and you can call it with your custom CSS.

Thank you

powherhouse
    January 18, 2016 at 10:31 pm #17791

so, am i right to understand that the font switcher in customizer doesn’t actually have any affect if we use the “Clean layout for hotel” style?

it’s really getting challenging to understand just how this theme is constructed.
    WHAT elements to first, second and third section fonts actually apply to in each style?
    they seem to be either not applied, or totally random…
    and the what about the SIZES? we should be able to adjust the sizes when we adjust the fonts in customizer, because different fonts render differently at the same size.

and if i have to use css in my child theme to fix this issue, so they are consistent, it would be helpful to have a roadmap of which “customizer” settings apply to which style elements in each style.

it’s taken me way more hours to put this site together than it should have. i’m feeling very frustrated by the apparent randomness of things.

Adek
    January 19, 2016 at 6:51 am #17810

Hi powherhouse,

We don’t provide info about what kind of element will be use the first, second and third font yet. But you can take a look on this file for more detail about that jkreativ-themes/template/additionalcss.php then jump into line 663. And also we don’t provide an option to control the font-size, so you will need to add some css code if you want to make a change in there. You can put your additional css code on the child themes or on the Additional Style.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.