Documentation

Forum

Menu

[Caption] Tag Breaks WordPress

Ramesh
    July 12, 2018 at 3:25 am #33977

Hi TEam,

I tried the following.

Basically the Caption Tag dint have an ID element.

[caption]Video Deleted Tulu Song Facebook Screen Grab of example[/caption]

Error found.

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘caption’ in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mangaluru/public/wp-includes/media.php on line 1517

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mangaluru/public/wp-includes/media.php:1517) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/public/wp-admin/post.php on line 198

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mangaluru/public/wp-includes/media.php:1517) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/public/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1219

Need Quick Fix.

Adek
    July 12, 2018 at 10:45 am #33988

Hi Ramesh,

I just replicate the caption tag above on my local server, but it’s now showing an error message. For more detail about Caption tag you can check it here https://codex.wordpress.org/Caption_Shortcode

Thank you

Ramesh
    July 12, 2018 at 2:25 pm #33990

Hi Adek,

I retried it and still keep getting this error.

Rai
    July 13, 2018 at 10:03 am #34006

Hi,

Actually, the Caption shortcode is a WordPress core shortcode. May I know how you put the shortcode? Normally, it will automatically be generated when you insert Image by clicking the “Add Media” button.

I also tried your shortcode above and it is working (no error message) on my side. Could you provide the System Report from JNews > System Status for further investigation?

Thank you

Ramesh
    July 13, 2018 at 2:27 pm #34019
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Aldhi
    July 13, 2018 at 5:01 pm #34025

Hi Ramesh,

To use the [Caption] shortcode, at least you must add the width=”” Option because it’s required option to use the [Caption] Shortcode.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfjdxzfmkuirhy4/captionWidthReq.png?dl=0

Please try this [Caption] shortcode for an example.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.