Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Can't get dummy content works as example site

rperez
    June 23, 2014 at 4:29 pm #550

I’m importing Dummy content trough Administrator but I can’t get it to work. I need to use Bike Store for a site but images isn’t imported and some others, can I get some help here around this issue?

Jegbagus
    June 23, 2014 at 11:55 pm #556

hi rperez, we are very sorry. but image from demo is not including on dummy xml. because of its having their own license and we are not having any right to distribute it.
    we may get very serious trouble if we distribute those image with our dummy xml.

Thank you 🙂

rperez
    June 23, 2014 at 11:58 pm #557

And how can I get some help on order to get my site configured as yours?

PS: Is this theme compatible with WPML?
    Thanks

Jegbagus
    June 24, 2014 at 1:53 am #561

with dummy content, you actually already able to build website like ours.
    btw have you succeed doing import of dummy content?

our themes is currently on wpml inspection for compatibility. but we sure this themes is compatible with WPML.

Thank you

rperez
    June 24, 2014 at 1:57 am #562

No, I think it wasn’t success since menus, pages and everything is miss configured, the rare is only the post related with Woocomerce (I don’t use this plugin since I don’t needed) fails, the rest pass sucess but site is ugly, really ugly. I can make some pictures for you if you need since site is not online yet

Rai
    June 24, 2014 at 3:31 am #569

Hi rperez,

Can you try to re-import the demo xml again? I’m afraid there was an error connection to our server when you imported the content. Maybe because internet connection or when our server down, this morning our server have down for couple minutes actually 🙁

Thank you

rperez
    June 24, 2014 at 10:16 pm #624

I tried once again and this is the result:

Failed to import shop_order_status cancelled
    Failed to import shop_order_status completed
    Failed to import product_type external
    Failed to import shop_order_status failed
    Failed to import product_tag freestyle
    Failed to import product_tag fullus
    Failed to import product_type grouped
    Failed to import product_tag mountain bike
    Failed to import shop_order_status on-hold
    Failed to import shop_order_status pending
    Failed to import shop_order_status processing
    Failed to import shop_order_status refunded
    Failed to import product_tag road bike
    Failed to import product_type simple
    Failed to import product_type variable
    Failed to import product_cat All-Mountain
    Failed to import product_cat BMX
    Failed to import product_cat Cross Country
    Failed to import product_cat Downhill
    Failed to import product_cat Freeride
    Failed to import product_cat Road Bike
    Failed to import “Extravaganza 4.0”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Extravaganza 4.0”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Suneo BMX”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Fixin Metro”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Kross DH-Extreme”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Ngalas All-Mountain”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Colossium Downhill”: Invalid post type product

As I said maybe this is because I haven’t Woocomerce installed since I don’t needed but images still missing and if I go to Themes I see this text:

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
    Name Description
    Jkreativ Child Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “Jkreativ” parent theme.

Don’t know if this is relevant! Since images aren’t imported due to restrictions, any help to configure bike-store template? I try to find where to change things. Also editor is ugly to me see image at http://imgur.com/042qNRd is that right?

windycityfella
    June 25, 2014 at 12:58 am #626

G’Day rperez.

This is a great theme with plenty of options.

To get your copy of the theme to look like it is shown on ThemeForest you DO need to install ALL the Plugins listed and then import the Dummy Content. After that you need to allocate the Menus (Appearance > Menus) and set a Home Page (Settings > Reading = Static Home Page).

Cheers,

Michael
    Satisfied User.

rperez
    June 25, 2014 at 1:12 am #628

Hi @windycityfella, this is exactly what I did but theme never shows as ThemeForest example page due to image restriction as said earlier here in the same post. I set “Home – Bike Store” as Static Home Page and as for Menus I set Main Menu as Top Navigation, the result as shown on this image http://imgur.com/A2Rxcg5

windycityfella
    June 25, 2014 at 1:19 am #630

G’Day rperez again.

As the theme developer said, he has inserted placeholders (coloured squares) rather than the images due to copyright issues. At least this should give you an idea of where images should go.
    Unfortunately, without seeing the backend of your site I can’t really say what might be the problem though.

Cheers,
    Michael.

rperez
    June 26, 2014 at 1:26 am #688

Hi, since I can’t get the theme working as I want and some things are not clear to me at all and support is not the best, I’m asking is exists any way to get my money back or at least some kind of percent or something like that, any advice?

Cheers

windycityfella
    June 26, 2014 at 1:40 am #690

rperez,

G’Day again.
    I think you might be out of luck as the Envato policy is not to give any refunds as all purchases are final unless there is a major fault with the theme/plugin, etc. And as many people have the theme working I don’t see them agreeing that the theme is defective.
    As you can see from my test site – http://fastusa.net/ – I have been able to set up the Bike Shop with the dummy data.
    Cheers,

Michael.

rperez
    June 26, 2014 at 1:44 am #691

Hi @windycityfella, Ok, so as many people has the theme working what is the solution for me? Give yours (I don’t know if you’re part of support team) access to my WP admin and let yours configure in the right way for me and let the theme works as the demo site? This is what I’m looking for and this is what I can’t get since instructions aren’t enough and also as previous image shows my edit area looks very ugly, so any suggestion?

windycityfella
    June 26, 2014 at 1:49 am #693

rperez,

G’Day again.
    No, I’m not part of the support team, just a member of the forum here and happy to help other members and share experiences and exchange ideas, etc. As per my previous message, I found it easy to install the theme and dummy data as per my test website – http://fastusa.net/ .
    Cheers,

Michael.

rperez
    June 26, 2014 at 1:52 am #694

@windycityfella can I reach you over Skype or Hangouts? In both cases my user is reynierpm, let me know if you can help me on this!

And thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.