Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Can't get AMP to work

colecoboy84
    October 23, 2017 at 3:39 am #24507

Hi guys,

I am unable to view AMP versions of my posts even though I have both AMP plugins enabled. When I add /amp to posts, nothing happens at first, and then I get this:

I deactivated some plugins that I thought might be causing conflicts (WP Rocket, Hyde My WP), but it didn’t make any difference. Can you help me figure out what’s going wrong? I can provide admin access if necessary.

Adek
    October 23, 2017 at 4:40 am #24508

Hi colecoboy84m,

About this issue, please provide us login into your WP admin panel so wen can do further investigate directly on your site. You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

colecoboy84
    October 23, 2017 at 5:02 am #24509
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    October 23, 2017 at 5:26 am #24510

Hi colecoboy84m,

I’ve check your site previously and it seems there are many plugins in there. and may cause issues when using AMP.
    Can you please try to disable plugins except plugin that come with JNews just for a while and see the result. and see if its work. and if its working, i try to enable the plugin one by one and see what is the issues.

Let us know if its work

Thank you

colecoboy84
    October 23, 2017 at 6:06 am #24511

Hi Adek, I tried that and AMP still wasn’t working. I just switched from a theme (Publisher by Better-Studio) that had its own built-in AMP support – maybe this is what’s causing a conflict?

Sergio

Adek
    October 23, 2017 at 6:48 am #24514

Hi colecoboy84,

I’ve check again your site and now the amp articles should works fine on your site.

Let us know if you need further help in there.

Thank you

colecoboy84
    October 23, 2017 at 1:09 pm #24525

Thank you so much, the posts look great in AMP! Just so I know for future reference, was it a conflict?

Anyhow, I’ll make sure to leave a review today for your excellent theme and support.

PS – One thing that could make JNews even better would be if it could display an AMP homepage as well – the Publisher theme did that, and I think that makes Google very happy.

Thanks!

Jegbagus
    October 23, 2017 at 1:34 pm #24528

hi colecoboy84, thank you so much for your feedback. Yes we see about it. We actually already consider about this also and made some test. we think its not a good practice because it will keep you on AMP page. And AMP page not as flexible as normal page. if you direct to your website landing, you can put much more information, block, ads, and other stuff.

So we think AMP is excellent for Single Post. but not for landing page or category, search or archive.

Thank you 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.