Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Can't choose Primary categories in Single blog after JNews 3.0 update

Amazee
    September 8, 2018 at 6:17 pm #36335

Have another issue after the update. Now i’m unable to choose Primary categories in Single blog post. Before the update i can choose the category by click the field but now i need to find the category’s code and put it there to display primary category.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-aamCNJN8fSmsDgTSuvV8fgngIpgLDPD/view?usp=sharing

Regards,
    Samir

gtan
    September 9, 2018 at 4:05 am #36344

I have the same problem after v3 update. ‘JNews Primary Category’ area is empty, can not query categories in ‘Primary Category’ box.

Adek
    September 10, 2018 at 3:22 pm #36403

Hi All,

Regarding this issue, please try to clear the cache data from your website and your current browser. Also, to set the primary post category, please try to insert the name of the category that you want to use. On JNews v3 we’ve been switch using lazy load for the primary category option. Let me know if you still getting the problem.

Thank you

Amazee
    September 10, 2018 at 4:01 pm #36419

Hi,

Yes, Your right. I tried it from the home’s pc. It’s shows the category now. 🙂

Regards

Adek
    September 10, 2018 at 4:50 pm #36431

Glad to hear that Amazee,

Thank you

gtan
    September 10, 2018 at 6:41 pm #36442

It works for me too. Thank you Adek!

Regards.

Adek
    September 11, 2018 at 12:50 pm #36505

Glad to hear that gtan,

Regards

aparask
    September 22, 2018 at 5:22 pm #37229
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    September 24, 2018 at 3:37 pm #37272

Hi Antonis,

Did you mean it doesn’t work when you typing category name that have greek language? I just want to make sure. If you still getting problem in there, you can try to adding the id of post category instead. In this case, you just need to insert the id then hit enter.

Thank you

Amazee
    September 24, 2018 at 5:46 pm #37290

Hi Adek,

I have this problem too. I’m not sure about Greek language but if you type category name for the first time it didn’t show dropdown with categories list.

For eg: if i type nokia then it should show categories list such has Nokia, Nokia Phones, Nokia Tablets etc.., but it’s not instead it only show the name i typed “nokia” in the Primary category field. When i published and go to that post it did not display the nokia name i typed in the primary category. After published, i edit the post and check primary category field. It shows the category field name as null. If i type the category name “nokia” again then it shows the Nokia in the dropdown list and works fine.

This issues only happens if you add the category for the 1st time. It works fine 2nd time and afterwards.

Regards

aparask
    September 25, 2018 at 12:14 am #37304

Hello.
    The problem (after your e-mail and the instructions that I got and followed) was solved!
    Thank you!
    Antonis

Adek
    September 25, 2018 at 10:59 am #37330

Hi Samir,

Regarding this issue, it seems i will need to do further investigation on your website. Can you please provide me login access to your website? You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.