Documentation

Forum

Menu

bug on change password page for applicant

huwcole
    July 7, 2016 at 9:25 am #21086

hi

when i log in as an applicant and go to the “change password” page
    the button at the bottom is picking up the wrong button text. it says “Edit account” instead of “Change password”

also i think it is not a good idea that the button text is the same as the header text. basically it does not allow me to have a different button text such as “Save password”.

thanks

huwcole
    July 8, 2016 at 4:48 pm #21114

ok fixed it myself, but you should change that in a future update:

locate
    wp-content\plugins\jobplanet-plugin\template\account\change-password.php”
    line 43
    <input type=”submit” class=”btn btn-theme btn-t-primary” value=”<?php _e(‘Edit Account’, ‘jobplanet-plugin’); ?>”/>

and change it to for example:
    <input type=”submit” class=”btn btn-theme btn-t-primary” value=”<?php _e(‘Save Password’, ‘jobplanet-plugin’); ?>”/>

add a new string in your .po file
    wp-content\plugins\jobplanet-plugin\languages\jobplanet-plugin-en_US.po”

msgid “Save Password”
    msgstr “Save Password”

you have to remember that “edit account” will never work for saving a password because it is a password you want to save and not your account

huwcole
    July 8, 2016 at 5:03 pm #21115

even better change
    <input type=”submit” class=”btn btn-theme btn-t-primary” value=”<?php _e(‘Save Password’, ‘jobplanet-plugin’); ?>”/>
    to
    <input type=”submit” class=”btn btn-theme btn-t-primary” value=”<?php _e(‘Save’, ‘jobplanet-plugin’); ?>”/>

add a new string in your .po file
    wp-content\plugins\jobplanet-plugin\languages\jobplanet-plugin-en_US.po”

msgid “Save”
    msgstr “Save”

that way you have generic text for a save button

I am now going through all your acount pages and change the save button with
    <?php _e(‘Save’, ‘jobplanet-plugin’); ?>

the mistake you made is that you used the header text for the save button as well which does not always work

Jegbagus
    July 12, 2016 at 2:43 am #21166

hi huwcole, previously edit account & change password is on 1 page. but now we separate it. i think i miss to change button wording for this one. and now we change it to Edit Password.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.