Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Blog Loading

dumbledore
    December 12, 2014 at 8:48 am #7598

Hi again,

something seems wrong with the blog – I use masonry version, no heavy content (small image, some text). But navigating between blog overview and single posts is a drag because of very long loading times. Half of the time the posts I am trying to open get stuck. The blog page itself, too, does not always open. Instead, the completed (!) loading symbol stays on screen.

Even my landing pages, crammed with stuff, load faster!

Please can you help?

Adek
    December 15, 2014 at 4:26 am #7645

Hi dumbledore,

Can you provide me the page url that you mean on above, i will check it on my side.

Thank you

dumbledore
    December 15, 2014 at 7:26 am #7652
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dumbledore
    December 15, 2014 at 7:35 am #7653

Main problems:

1) Every third or fourth time a blog item is selected, the loader gets stuck and nothing moves anymore.

2) When navigating back to the masonry blog from a single entry (via a button on site or the back button, no difference), the blog seems to load EVERYTHING AGAIN, and very slowly. This makes for a very tedious surfing experience and I do not see how I could possibly offer this system to any client.

I have seen a lot of similar requests and complaints about the slow loading issue in this forum…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by  dumbledore.
    dumbledore
    December 16, 2014 at 10:26 am #7685

I am worried: All my posts that I have created over the last few days have vanished from the backend. Only I have access – and I gave my Login data to support. I am not implying that anyone has been messing with my content, but there must be some explanation for this?

The blog issue persists with the dummy data, too: When navigating from the blog page to a post, back to the blog page, another post, back to the blog page… and by then, the whole thing invariably stops working. If the user does not manually reload the page, he is stuck with a paralyzed preloader.

I hope a solution is underway!

dumbledore
    December 18, 2014 at 12:09 pm #7742

A few days later, on opening WP, all missing posts have returned. I have used WordPress for years and never encountered anything like this.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by  dumbledore.
    Adek
    December 19, 2014 at 11:48 am #7776

Hi dumbledore,

It’s weird for me. Because i don’t check your site previously and just check it now, that works fine on my side. And I’m sure that the access that you provide it’s only we that be able to see it (our support team).

Thank you

dumbledore
    December 19, 2014 at 1:21 pm #7789

I suspect it was the fault of some plugin.

The loading-too-slowly-or-loading-not-at-all-issue, though, persists. Loading the masonry blog, for example, takes twice as long as the “clean blog” version. And it gets stuck every third or forth time.

I have no idea how to solve this, but I presume the theme’s JS should be compiled in a better way? JS is the first thing flashing red and showing a huge bulk when testing site speed. Are the developers aware of that?

Adek
    December 22, 2014 at 8:25 am #7877

Hi dumbledore,

I’m not quite sure about that. Anyway, do you’ve try to disable all plugin except required plugin? Because, it maybe compatibility issue.

Thank you

dumbledore
    December 22, 2014 at 10:44 am #7892

That was the first thing I tried, but it did not help.

I also noticed that the theme’s preloaders take substantially longer to complete than they would have to, because if I shut them off the pages load much faster.

Adek
    December 23, 2014 at 5:32 am #7918

Hi dumbledore,

Yes, the loader make it look slow. Because loader will wait until all content on background loaded before everything is loaded perfectly. Anyway, if you want to make your website look faster, you can turn off loader and your website will be very fast.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.