Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

blog featured image auto crop to 4:3?

lazyimbecile
    June 18, 2014 at 9:01 pm #368

Hi,

The new template is going great but I noticed that when I was working on the blog section, the featured image on the main blog page crops my images 4:3 and blows it up (I am trying to upload wide pano style images) and it ends up cropping out the center and stretching it out instead of following the 100% width.

Just wondering if you had any ideas or workarounds for this when you have a chance.

Thank you again!
    Andy

lazyimbecile
    June 18, 2014 at 9:25 pm #373

http://underconstrukt.com/blog/

Im sure that might help.

I also just noticed that on my page – blog list options i change the template and the above link doesnt seem to show any difference and I remember yesterday I did notice a sidebar. Just wondering if there is something I am missing or perhaps something is interfering with the default sidebar? I checked the widgets and they are all there. The only extra plugin I had that I just removed was gatekeeper.

Rai
    June 19, 2014 at 7:38 am #385

Hi lazyimbecile,

Yes, we do crop images on feature image, but if you need height of image not cropped you need to update few lines of code.

About widget, have you set Blog Layout to Blog with sidebar layout and select Sidebar on blog list (page blog template)?

Select Sidebar

Thank you

Rai

lazyimbecile
    June 19, 2014 at 3:08 pm #416

Yes, Ive tried to double check right now following your screenshot and nothing seems to change. I do recall it changing a few days ago as I was getting myself familiar with the site. I have the settings set to your screenshot currently.

lazyimbecile
    June 19, 2014 at 8:28 pm #425

Also, can you point me in the right direction where I can play with the auto crop settings?

It looks like I might be able to overlay it with css but it seems wordpress in the background is actually resizing and making a new thumbnail and not sure where to look for this particular function.

Thank you,
    Andy

Jegbagus
    June 20, 2014 at 12:16 am #433

hi lazyimbecile, im sorry for asking you again, do you want to add sidebar on your blog and use it as your home page?
    if that so, try to go to setting > reading > Front page displays (choose static page) > and on Front page, choose page that you just create using blog template).
    by using default blog reading, you will also get default setup of the themes, you may not get any change of page that you create for listing blog.

if you are using normal blog layout, you will need to change following line of code on file ( jkreativ-themes folder > template > blogpost > normal.php (line 2)

$featured = jeg_get_featured_heading(get_the_ID(), 1200, null);

Thank you 🙂

lazyimbecile
    June 20, 2014 at 8:51 pm #488

I was hoping to use the blog as a static page when you click the link, not the homepage. I also wanted to show the default widget set instead of the nav_menu slide out on the side that Ive seen in the demos.

Before I go playing around just want to understand what that featured code is for. I assume it only applies for the normal blog style and the featured image will pull in at 1200x whatever the size is? I’ll be working on it over the weekend just wanted to understand correctly some of the back end stuff I have to do by trial and error so I like to keep a log!

Thank you,
    Andy

Jegbagus
    June 21, 2014 at 10:07 am #510

hi lazyimbecile,

if you want to create page that is hold your blog post, you can choose blog post list from template. we provide you several blog list layout, also another option to customize your blog layout.
    blog template

may i know what is feature code? is that mean short code?
    also as rai tell you previously, if you want to add sidebar widget, you can do like what he post above.

its will be easier for me if you can give me link on which page you referring to (on our demo). we may able to help you directly on your admin panel and recreate the page for you.

Thank you

lazyimbecile
    June 23, 2014 at 3:17 pm #548

I was referring to the code posted in the reply to change to null but I went ahead and tried it out and it works, the featured blog header images come through at the size I was looking for now.

I still cant seem to change the blog template, no matter what I choose nothing changes on my blog page:
    http://underconstrukt.com/blog/

I’ve tried changing it within the screenshot you posted as well as the dashboard area and I cannot get the sidebar to show up at all like this demo page:
    http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/photography/blog-layout-normal-with-sidebar/

thank you

Rai
    June 24, 2014 at 4:15 am #572

Hi lazyimbecile,

Can you give us access to WP Admin so we can check your problem further.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.