Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Authors cannot login to dashboard

kevinsuave
    July 3, 2018 at 3:39 am #33710

Hi,

I am using Frontend Submit and Social Login on my JNews website. However, I want authors to be able to post and edit content via the backend (WordPress dashboard) as well. For some reason however, users are unable to login to the backend. They will simply be redirected to the homepage of the site. Is there a way to allow users to enter the dashboard, despite Frontend Submit and Social Login turned on?

Thanks!

Kevin

Adek
    July 3, 2018 at 11:10 am #33727

Hi Kevin,

Regarding this issue, you need to do some changes in there. Please try to put this code below to the functions.php file:

Thank you

kevinsuave
    July 4, 2018 at 3:10 am #33769

Hi Adek,

Thanks, but that doesn’t work unfortunately. Tried adding the code to both functions.php in the child theme as well as the regular theme, but to no avail.

Adek
    July 4, 2018 at 10:34 am #33780

Hi kevinsuave,

Regarding this issue, can you please provide me FTP access to your server? I will check it directly on my side. You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

kevinsuave
    July 4, 2018 at 7:19 pm #33803
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    July 5, 2018 at 10:11 am #33817

Hi kevinsuave,

I’ve been making small changes to wp-content/themes/jnews/class/AccountPage.php and wp-content/plugins/jnews-frontend-submit/include/class/class.jnews-frontend-template.php. Let me know if you still facing the problem in there.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.