Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

adsense banner issue in header type 4 or 5

Fordracingchick
    August 26, 2015 at 1:33 am #13945

Hi, I had a few things to mention/questions about the adsense in the banner type 4 and 5. 1) Not sure if you know but when you add an actual adsense code in the header, it pushes all the way to the top right of the page, not centered (Up and down/ left and right of the blank space) with the logo like when I upload my own custom banner (Or like the example on your demo site) 2) I cannot add a responsive adsense code to the header area, Only a 728×90 non responsive type of adsense code. Is there a reason why I cant add a responsive adsense code to the header so it will show on mobile devices? 3) why does the logo resize to 88 pixels high when using header types 4 and 5? even though there is plenty of space (width) between the side of content and adsense banner?

Jegbagus
    August 26, 2015 at 2:29 am #13948

hi Fordracingchick,

1. yes you right. we going to update the themes with better compatibility with google ads sense.
    2. we also going to upgrade compatibility with google ad sense with new mechanism.
    3. from what i know, your logo is not restricted in size (height) but it may because width of your image. but lets try the new update first. and hopefully your problem will fixed.

we going to push new update today. you will notified on your email once our update accepted on themeforest.

Thank you

Fordracingchick
    August 26, 2015 at 2:48 am #13949

Thanks for the fast reply and I look forward to the update to resolve these issues. Concerning #3… the problem is not because of width, my logo is only 210px wide and in header types 4 and 5 it automatically reduces its size to 88PX tall from the actual file size of 100PX high. It does this resizing weather there is adsense installed in the logo or not. Hope this info helps with solving the problem.

Fordracingchick
    August 26, 2015 at 2:58 am #13951

correction*It does this resizing weather there is adsense installed in the header or not.

Jegbagus
    August 26, 2015 at 5:30 am #13961

hi Fordracingchick, i have upload new update on themeforest. please try to update your themes and see if problem with your adsense is fixed.

Thank you

Fordracingchick
    August 26, 2015 at 2:24 pm #13970

No. My particular problem is not fixed. Its actually gotten worse. When we checked the page this morning our adsense ad said “the webpage can not be found.” So whatever change you made has made the old adsense code not work. The problem is since the update there is no way to delete the old adsense code that now doesn’t work.

Fordracingchick
    August 26, 2015 at 3:16 pm #13971

Update* After updating adsense publisher info numerous times it finally overrode old adsense code that was inaccessible but the only issue I still see is the on I mentioned yesterday that header layouts type 4 and 5 still automatically resize logo to 88 px tall. I created another logo with a different file name that is 100 px tall and re-uploaded it. It still resizes it to 88 px tall which really doesn’t look good since adsense header banners are 90 px tall. I would like to have my logo at least as tall as the ad or taller. (there’s plenty of room left and right, so that is not the reason it’s resizing)

Fordracingchick
    August 26, 2015 at 9:43 pm #13976

*Update 2 – I figured out that it will only allow you to upload a logo 200PX wide in templates 4 and 5… If you upload a logo that is bigger it will resize it to 200px wide and keep its scale. I don’t know much about code/css but I didn’t understand why it does that when there is about another 200px to the right of the logo before the adsense ad banner starts so it seems like template owners could upload a much wider logo. My logo is almost square so I am happy now but another user with a wider than tall logo would not be happy because it would resize it to 200px wide and it would be Very Tiny. Just a little info about something you might want to look into for other users experience but like I said, I am good now. Thanks for the replies.

Rai
    August 27, 2015 at 2:02 am #13983

For Header 4 & 5 actually we define the max width of the logo to prevent overlapping logo on header. You can disable the max-width by using custom CSS:

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.