Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Activating mega menu, menu options, deleting menu and uploading/using images

Wolkman
    July 7, 2014 at 12:32 pm #1219

Hi there,

I am new to Jkreativ, and it looks very promising. Unfortunately I do not know how to get further on many things, even though I read and followed the instructions of the user manual (http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/documentation/#wordpress-installation).

First of all, I am not able to set up the mega menu. I created a menu in the ‘Appearance > Menus’ section, and added some pages to that menu. At menu settings, do I have to select both Side/top navigation AND Sidebar Menu by Mega Menu? I tried both way, and selected the side menu in Mega Main Menu section. When I change things in the mega menu, it doesnt come through in my menu on the site…

Also in the Menus section, I do not have the same options in ‘Menu Structures’ as is written in your manual. I can change URL, Navigation Label and Title Attribute…and that’s it! All the other options are not there (like ‘Style of item’ Submenu type’, etc etc).

Also I am not able to delete menus again (i created more menus, want to delete some). Does this have to do with some plugin interference? When I click ‘Delete Menu’, I am redirected to my homepage. Once back in the Menus section, the menu is still there….

Finally, I do not have any ideas how to upload images and get them into a gallery or as a fullscreen on any of my pages…Your manual doesn’t explain this. Help!

So, many questions. As I said, I am quite new to this, so maybe I am missing something, but I cannot continue now. I have the latest version of Chrome, installed all the plugins of Jkreativ, so no idea what to do. Please help me. Thanks!

Rai
    July 8, 2014 at 4:00 am #1263

Hi Wolkman,

Mega menu actually has big data, that cause take longer time to loads Appearance > Menus and sometimes doesn’t load properly when it getting timeout before it fully loads, so when the Mega Menu option doesn’t show on Menu Structure even you already active on Mega Main Menu option for side_navigation & top_navigation, try to refresh page.

Also, if you have problem with edit/delete menu but your menu still not updated, that might be because of limited maximum post size. May I know what is your configuration for: post_max_size

Jkreativ actually has several Fullscreen slider & template, can you specify which one that you want to create? So I can assist you 🙂

About Documentation, we realise that Jkreativ documentation needs more improvement to make it even easier to read and totally helpful. That is why we need your help to give us input of what we can improve or which part that you need to know more from Jkreativ. Feel free to share your thought here: Jkreativ Documentation.

We would really appreciate that 🙂

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
    Rai

Wolkman
    July 8, 2014 at 11:27 am #1289

Hi Rai or colleague,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I am still lost and don’t know how to continue.
    I have some specific issues, and hope you can help me out with a step-by-step explanation, because the Jkreativ Documentation does not provide me any help on this…

– I found the Mega Menu in my Dashboard, and am able to change settings in it. Yet, I do not see these changes coming through in my side menu (even though the side menu is selected/activated in Mega Menu). For instance, when I change in ‘Mega Menu > General > layout Options: side_navigation > Separator”: “None”, then I still see separators between the items in my side menu. See my website: http://www.woutervanderwolk.com. How do I change the looks of my side menu?? I would like to customize the space between specific items in the menu, for instance.

– With respect to deleting menus in the Dashboard>Appearance>Menus, you wrote “Also, if you have problem with edit/delete menu but your menu still not updated, that might be because of limited maximum post size. May I know what is your configuration for: post_max_size”. I don’t understand what you mean? I get a ‘401’ error when I try do delete a menu, and it simply doesn’t get deleted. How come??

– As you can see on my website, I have put an image as a background. Actually I would prefer to have this image as a fullscreen image of ONLY my homepage. How do I do this? Also can I customize the position of the fullscreen image (left, right, center, etc). And if I like, how do I create a fullscreen slider of more images on my homepage??

– For other pages, I tried to insert galleries by going to the specific page on my Dashboard and then click “Add Media”, select the images I like, and then change the page “Template”. This doesnt’t work!! How do I create galleries for my pages and how can I customize them (for instance: with or without grid, justified, masonry, etc). Jkreativ says it has all this options, but I do not see any of these in my WordPress Dashboard. How do I do this??

Finally, my Jkreativ theme is of version 1.02. I just installed it one week ago. How can I update it to the latest version. My dashboard says that the theme is already up-to-date, but on the themeforest it says that Jkreativ has already a version 1.1.2 released…How do I get this.

I hope you can help me with a step-by-step explanation, because I do not get any further. Thanks for you support!

Jegbagus
    July 8, 2014 at 12:06 pm #1292

hi wolkman,

1. there is no option to change size of separator on our themes, if you need to change margin it will need custom css. we can provide you small change on custom css.

2. its actually only if you having very large menu. if you only have small menu, you won’t have problem. may i know what is actually your problem? you not able to see additional option on menu like our documentation does? it will be very helpful if you giving us image.

3. you can use fullscreen(slider) – video & image template. but only put one image. http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/documentation/#fullscreen-gallery

4. you will need to change template to media library : http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/documentation/#media-gallery

and you will see something like this on setting

5. you actually won’t have problem if you not update the plugin as well. problem will appear if your installation themes is not match with your plugin. i don’t see problem on your themes, so you don’t need to do anything.

also our documentation is not covering basic WordPress Tutorial. if you need to more familiar with wordpress take a look right here : http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/documentation/#familiar-wordpress

Thank you

Wolkman
    July 8, 2014 at 4:01 pm #1304

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I did all the things you wrote already, but it doesn’t do any.
    All the plugins are installed and activated, and I am running wordpress 3.9.1.

When I go to Pages > Add New > Template ‘Gallery – Media gallery”, add some photos through the ‘Add Media’ button and save the page under a name…I do not get anything that looks like a gallery. I also do not see this page “Jkreativ Media Gallery Option” anywhere.
    The same goes for the fullscreen (slider): when I create a page and choose the template “video & image”, and add some photo(s), they do not appear in fullscreen size. Instead, I get a warning message!

If you go to my site http://www.woutervanderwolk.com, and click on the first item in the menu (interior and architecture), you will see the warning error….

I don’t know how to get any furher. Thanks for your help

graigue
    July 8, 2014 at 4:45 pm #1308

No mega menu for me too ! :/
    And I don’t know where I can check the post_max_size !
    I have the last version of all the plugin and template and wordpress.
    Thanks !

Rai
    July 9, 2014 at 5:17 am #1330

Hi graigue,

Actually, you can contact your hosting provider and ask them to configure post_max_size, but if you have access to edit php.ini you can do it yourself by following this instruction: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-apache-increase-php-upload-limit/

Thank you

Wolkman
    July 9, 2014 at 7:47 am #1338

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I did all the things you wrote already, but it doesn’t do any.
    All the plugins are installed and activated, and I am running wordpress 3.9.1.

When I go to Pages > Add New > Template ‘Gallery – Media gallery”, add some photos through the ‘Add Media’ button and save the page under a name…I do not get anything that looks like a gallery. I also do not see this page “Jkreativ Media Gallery Option” anywhere.
    The same goes for the fullscreen (slider): when I create a page and choose the template “video & image”, and add some photo(s), they do not appear in fullscreen size. Instead, I get a warning message!

If you go to my site http://www.woutervanderwolk.com, and click on the first item in the menu (interior and architecture), you will see the warning error….

I don’t know how to get any furher. Thanks for your help

Adriana Ortiz
    July 9, 2014 at 8:11 am #1339

Can someone please help me? I really NEED my website working!!!

Jegbagus
    July 9, 2014 at 4:39 pm #1378

hi Wolkman, can you create me user to able login into your admin panel. it will be easier for me to give you example how to create mega menu directly.

also Adriana Ortiz, if you having problem that not related with this problem, please create another thead.

Thank you

Wolkman
    July 9, 2014 at 4:41 pm #1380

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I send you already a new message yesterday and again today, but i did not get any follow-up on that. I followed all the instructions as written in your documentation (http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/documentation/), but I cannot seem to get any gallery or fullscreen(slider) working on my website.

I also uploaded the demo_content.xml file (see Import Content in your documentation), which imported all the demo pages and posts from Jkreativ. But…also these galleries and sliders won’t load on my website!

All the gallery or fullscreen pages (imported with demo_content.xml) are set on the correct “Page Attributes-Template”, yet they do not refer to any images. Therefore, the pages also do not show any images. Yet, the blog pages also do not refer to any specific posts, but do show posts…. I really don’t understand how this all works. Please help me out with setting up galleries…Thanks very much.

My website: http://www.woutervanderwolk.com

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Wolkman.
    Wolkman
    July 9, 2014 at 4:53 pm #1390

Hi Jegbagus,

I think our messages just crossed each other. I would like to create a new user for you to go into my admin panel.
    What is your email address (mandatory for creating a new user)?

Thanks!

Wolkman
    July 9, 2014 at 5:11 pm #1394

Hi Jegbagus,

I just created a new user for you for my admin panel:
    username: user2
    password: admin

Please check for me why I cannot create galleries and fullscreen(slider), using the page templates of jkreativ. See my other post #1380 for more info.
    The use of mega menu is not of that importance to me at the moment, but maybe you can show me as well how to use that.

Looking forward hearing from you!
    Thanks.

ps. my jkreativ theme is version 1.02 (downloaded it one week ago). I understand that there is already a version 1.1.2. …somehow I cannot upgrade mine. Could this cause the problems I have with galleries and so on?

Wolkman
    July 10, 2014 at 11:42 am #1434

Hi Jegbagus,

I sent you yesterday a login for my admin panel. Could please take a look at my panel and see why the galleries/fullscreens are not working (see my earlier posts). Thanks very much

Wolkman
    July 10, 2014 at 10:36 pm #1465

Hi Jegbagus or colleague,

I havent heard anymore from your support concerning my last posts about gallery/fullscreens that dont work on my wordpress. I created a admin user for you so that you could login to my admin panel and see what is wrong (see my earlier posts). Please come back to me on this, I am stuck now…Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.