Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Reply To: Disable "!important" when it's coded into the Theme

Clint Mallon
October 6, 2014 at 7:07 pm #4954

Just so that we’re clear, all of the thing’s I’m mentioning are issues using the “Flat Style.” I have no idea if these are issues with the “Clean” or “Dark” styles…

http://rustylionacademy.com/

1. That makes sense but I don’t think !important should be used for this line of code:

.topnavigation .twolinetop .footsocial a:hover {
border-color: #ecf0f1 !important;
}

…All it does is makes it to where the user can’t adjust the Social Icon Border Hover Color here:

Jkreativ Customizer > Navigation – Top > Social Icon:
A. Social Hover Border Color (This DOES NOT work bc it’s marked as !important)
B. Social Hover Color (This DOES work)

2. I was able to remove the Border Hover color by changing the code to match the top navigation background color:

ORIGINAL:
border-color: #ecf0f1 !important;
}

CUSTOMIZED:
border-color: #6D1E17;
}

…if !important wasn’t used in the parent theme, I could have changed this using the Jkreativ Customizer without having to add custom code. This needs to be looked at.

3. The issue here doesn’t have anything to do with the custom css that I have added under Jkreativ > General Settings > Additional Style. The issue is that the adjustment, as you mentioned (4. For the Social Icon Color, you will get it in the Top Navigation > Icon Color) DOES NOT work when using the “Flat Style.” This needs to be looked at.

I also think it would make more sense if the adjustment was located next to the other two Social Icon adjustments:

Jkreativ Customizer > Navigation – Top > Social Icon
A. Social Hover Border Color (This DOES NOT work)
B. Social Hover Color (This DOES work)

My suggestion is to add “Top Navigation > Icon Color” next to the other Social Icon adjustments so that it looks like this:

Jkreativ Customizer > Navigation – Top > Social Icon
A. Social Icon Color (Add this which will take care of the custom code that I had to add)

B. Social Hover Border Color (This should change the color of the border and should remove it if you choose “Clear”)
C. Social Hover Color (Keep this the same)

Jkreativ 2.2.3
Jkreativ Mail Subscribe List 1.0.0
Jkreativ Plugin 1.2.1

4. As mentioned, this adjustment doesn’t work using the Flat Style and should probably be moved under the “Jkreativ Customizer > Navigation – Top > Social Icon” section.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!